- Bing Zhang, PhD, Professor of Biology
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mojgan Padash Barmchi, PhD, studies neuronal and cell polarity and synapse development.
- Weijie Liu, PhD, dissects the role of subset glial cells in neural circuit function and fly behavior.
- Victoria (Tori) Balise (PhD-track), studies glial and neuronal regulation of synapse and axonal development.
- Laura Wax, also the lab manager,Â provides the most crucial support needed in daily research existence and lab function.
- Gentry Decker, fly genetics and electrophysiology.
Our undergrads actively assist lab activities and pursue independent honors research projects.
- Kayla Howard
- Audrey Wagner
- Christina Wang
- Alex Willenbrink
FORMER LAB MEMBERS (moved on, but not forgotten)
- Phillip Vanlandingham, PhD (2009-2012, now Scientist II, Charlesson, LLC. Oklahoma City, OK).
- Lerin Chastain, PhD (2010-2012; homemaker)
- Rudolph Bohm, PhD (2008-2010, now Assistant Professor at Texas A&M University at Brownsville).
- Rafique Islam, MD (2008-2009, now a Sr. Research Associate at the University of Florida).
- Veronica Martinez, PhD (2005-2007, now Associate Professor, Biology Dept., University of the Incarnate Word, San Antonio, TX).
- Gregory Macleod, PhD (2003, now Assistant Professor, Department of Physiology, University of Texas Medical Sciences Center, San Antonio, TX).
- Taylor Fore (2010-2013, now PhD student at Duke)
- Emily Kumimoto (2009-2013).
- Hong Bao, MD, MS, (2000-2013)
- Rebekah Green (2011-2012, moved on to attend OUHSC PA program).
- John Tauber (2011).
Undergraduates (Individuals underlined here co-authored papers or abstracts with us):
62. Laurel Persa (Jan 2013-May 2013, now an MD student at OUHSC).
61. Kiran Paul (Jan 2013-May 2013)
60. Abby Rubenstein (Jan 2013-May 2013)
59. Grant Kirby (Jan 2013-August 2013, now an MD student at OUHSC).
58. Jared Stowers (August 2012-August 2013)
57. Uzma Hajiyani (August 2012-May 2013)
56. Tyler McLemore (Summer 2012, from Southwestern Oklahoma State University, SWOSU)
55. Kody McKay (Summer 2012, from SWOSU)
54. Alex Nasr (National Merits Scholar; June 2012-Dec 2012, now an MD student at UTSW, Dallas, TX).
53. Camille Milton (Jan 2012-May 2013; Honors student)
52. Damon Graves (Jan 2012-June 2012)
51. Ban He (Fall 2011-May 2012)
50. Drew Cameron (Fall 2011)
49. LaKesha Seals (summer, 2011, from SWOSU)
48. Megan Fuzzell (Summer 2011)
47. Jonathan Schwing (Spring 2011)
46. Jessie Hall (Spring 2011-May 12, went to PA program at OUHSC).
45. Rebekah Green (Fall 2010, went to PA program at OUHSC).
44. Laura Esquivel (Fall 2010)
43. Alex Parker (National Merits Scholar; Honors College; Fall 2010-May 2012)
42. Margaret Warner (Fall 2010-August 2011)
41. Audrey Ojwang (Summer 2010-May 2011)
40. Dhara Sheth (National Merits Scholar; Honors College; Springâ€™09)
39. Luke Toho (Springâ€™10, Honors reading. Dartmouth MD student)
38. Braedon Collins (Summer â€™09-May 2011, Honors College. OUHSC MD student).
37. Chelsea Springer (Summer â€™09-May 2011, Honors College; completed an Honors Thesis; recipient of Top 10 graduates in Zoology, May 2011. UTHSC Medical branch, MD student).
36. Lindsey Goodnight (Springâ€™09- Summerâ€™09).
35. William (Will) Welch (Springâ€™09-June â€™09. OUHSC MD student).
34. Logan Cox (Summerâ€™08-Summer â€™09).
33. Tyler Gunter (National Merits Scholar; Honors College; Fall â€™08- May â€˜10. Completed an Honors Thesis; recipient of an Undergraduate Research Award at OU, Spring 2009; recipient of Top 10 graduates in Zoology, May 2010. OUHSC MD student).
32. Leah Henry (Fall â€™08- May 2011. Honors College; an NSF REU student in summer 2009; completed an Honors Thesis in Microbiology. OUHSC MD/Ph.D. student)
31. Stephanie Easter (Spring â€™08-Decâ€™08. Honors College. Went to U of Alabama at Birmingham as graduate student).
30. John Tauber (Spring â€™08- Dec 2010. Honors College; completed an Honors Thesis; recipient of Top 10 graduates in Zoology, May 2011, recipient of the First Annual Vad Foundation Award for Outstanding Honors Thesis, May 2011. Published a first-authored paper in PLoS One).
29. Catherine Trevino (Spring â€™08)
28. Cindy (Shin young) Kang (Spring â€™06-Spring â€™07. Went to Tulane medical school).
27. David Liang (2006-07. Completed Honors thesis 2008 and went to UT Southwestern Medical School, Dallas).
26. Brandy Zrubek (Spring-Fall 2006).
25. Lauren Balker (Spring â€“Fall 2006. Deceased April â€˜07).
24. Chris Javadi (Fallâ€™05-2007. MD/Ph.D. at UT Southwestern, Dallas).
23. Lilly Ngo (Spring â€™06-2007. Went to medical school).
22. Marillizeth Salinas, NSF REU summer student (summerâ€™05)
21. Alvin Chandra (Spring â€™05-2007. Dean’s Honored Graduate for 2008), a medical student at UT Southwestern, Dallas)
20. Justin Harvey (Spring â€™04-March 2006. Deceased Feb â€˜08)
19. Ellen Ngo (Fallâ€™04-2006. Went to a med school).
18. Sarah Park (Spring â€™05-Springâ€™06), went to medical school.
17. Melodie Chen (summer 03-, an NSF-sponsored REU student. Went to medical school.
16. Sara Hapip, St. Maryâ€™s University of Maryland, summer 2004 (supported by an NSF REU grant).
15. Robert Lagow (summer â€™04-Spring 2007). Now an engineer. Published a first-authored paper in PLoS Biology.
14. Brittany Bradshaw (summerâ€™04-Summerâ€™05.Â Went to a Ph.D. program at University of Washington, Seattle).
13. Marianne Bae (Fallâ€™04-Dec. 2005.Â Went to UTâ€™s Pharmacy School).
12. Mary Lee (May â€˜02-May â€™03).
11. Christine Jabcuga (Fall â€˜02, and Spring/Summerâ€™04. Went to UTHSC medical school).
10. Desiree Stewart (2002. Went to a graduate program at U Alabama-Birmingham).
9. Yoav Kaufman (Jan 03-Dec. â€˜03.Â Went to Baylor College of Medicine).
8. Alfred Song (March 02-Dec. 02).
7. Ellen Lee (Summer 00-December 02.Â Went to Texas Tech med school).
6. Thomas Kellermann (Jan. 02-May 15, 02. An exchange student now back to Germany).
5. Evan Cohen (June 01-Aug. 02.Â Went to a Ph.D. program at UT MD Anderson Health Science Center.
4. Jennifer Franco (Summer 00-May 01).
3. Christina Bucalo (Summer -Decâ€™00. Wen to work at Ambion Co).
2. Hsiao-Tuan Chao (Summer 00-Aug.02. Went to Baylor College of Medicine as an MD/Ph.D. student).
1. Richard Daniels (Spring 00-Aug. 02.Â Earned his Ph.D. from Washington University School of Medicine at St. Louis and went on to do his postdoc training at University of Wisconsin-Madison).